Great Chatwell Academy of Learning has, once again, been confirmed as the preferred partner to provide structured financial crime compliance learning for AFB members in 2020 and 2021.
We are delighted that the Association of Foreign Banks (AFB) has renewed and extended their partnership with Great Chatwell Academy of Learning (GCAL) to design and deliver Financial Crime Compliance (AML) learning for AFB members. We are looking forward to building upon the considerable success of the courses that were designed and delivered in 2019.
A key learning outcome of the course is to provide senior risk professionals with enhanced technical knowledge and improved practical skills. This will enable delegates to be more effective and have a greater confidence in contributing to the fight against crime and terrorism.
Our team of risk and compliance professionals have created an online programme of learning that ensures that a broad waterfront of risks and behaviours are covered using interactive and innovative teaching methodology. Workshops are delivered by Lee Byrne, our highly respected financial crime prevention professional as well as guest expert speakers. Our aim is to ensure that learning is comprehensive and memorable in order to inspire AFB members to make an even more effective contribution in the fight against crime and terrorism.
What can delegates expect?
• Ten separate learning modules designed exclusively for AFB members covering a range of important financial crime risks such as money laundering, sanctions evasion, tax evasion, fraud and bribery and corruption
• Fully interactive on-line delivery including quizzes, case study analysis and work-based exercises
• Learning support that includes pre-workshop reading, structured exercises and updates on the very latest crime trends, best practices and regulatory enforcement action
• The opportunity to interact with other risk and compliance professionals
• End of module assessments to confirm understanding
• CPD credits for all sessions attended, awarded by the CPD Certification Service
• On successful completion of all assessments, participants will receive The AFB Financial Crime Diploma awarded in association with the University of Gloucestershire
The AFB Financial Crime Diploma is designed to offer learning at an advanced level to meet the needs of members who are managing financial crime compliance risks, or who wish to apply for a senior leadership role.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
• Define the role of the MLRO and Nominated Officer and the knowledge, skills and behaviours that are required to be successful
• Describe the international financial crime risks that must be managed by a regulated firm
• Complete a financial crime risk assessment
• Define the systems and controls framework that is required to be managed to ensure that a regulated firm is not used by criminals or the financiers of terrorism
• List the UK and international financial crime laws, regulations and sources of best practices that are applicable to a foreign bank operating in the UK
• Provide an assessment of future trends and emerging risks for 2020 and beyond, including cryptoassets
It is expected that in addition to providing delegates with development of skills and knowledge, participants will also benefit from having greater confidence in managing financial crime risks. Our aim is to make delegates more effective and also enjoy their role!
Ten online workshops will be delivered between 6th October 2020 and 6 July 2021 and pre-reading notes will be provided ahead of each workshop to enable participants to prepare. Each online workshop will be delivered in ‘bite-sized’ hourly modules, each providing key learning outcomes. They will also be facilitated to ensure that delegates can interact with their peers to share common issues and identify new solutions or emerging best practices. At the end of each workshop delegates will be invited to complete a timed online multiple-choice assessment. Delegates are required to achieve a pass mark of 70% or more.
Attendance at each workshop is recognized by the CPD Institute and delegates will earn 60 CPD points. Additionally, those delegates who successfully complete end of workshop MCQ assessments will be presented with the ‘AFB Financial Crime Compliance (AML) Diploma’ which is awarded in association with the University of Gloucestershire.
The 2019 course was extremely successful, and we were delighted to receive a great deal of positive feedback including these comments:
“The one-day format once a month was easy to fit around work’
‘There was, from the beginning, a very open and friendly atmosphere and every participant was encouraged to ask questions and share their knowledge.’
‘It was an excellent introduction to financial crime. I liked the anecdotes, stories around cases and views that you provided.’